Providing Quality Eye Care and Personal Attention since 1986
Eye Exams In Davis
Vision Testing. Call Now!
Davis Eye Exams
An eye exam is one of the most important things you can do for your vision. You can benefit from professional eye care if you need glasses or have a vision problem. Regular eye exams can help you catch eye problems in their earliest stages, when treatment is most effective. Optometrists and ophthalmologists are types of eye doctors who perform eye exams, which include a variety of tests and procedures to evaluate the health of your eyes.
An eye exam helps Julie Helmus determine if you need glasses, develop a prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses if your vision needs correction, and look for signs of eye diseases that can affect your vision. Eye diseases include cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, pink eye, detached retina, dry eye syndrome, eye infections, eye allergies and more. Call Helmus Optometry to make an appointment!
Optometry & Eye Care Services
- Comprehensive Eye Exams
- Prescription Eyeglasses
- Contact Lens Exams
- Designer Frames
- Vision Testing
- Contact Lenses
- And More!
353 2nd St Davis, CA 95616
Comprehensive Eye Exams
Tests can range in complexity from simply reading an eye chart to using state-of-the-art equipment to visualize the tiny structures in your eyes. A comprehensive eye examination may include:
- Visual acuity tests – measures the sharpness of your vision
- Color blindness tests
- Cover test – covers one eye while you stare at an object to determine how well your eyes work together
- Eye movement tests
- Depth perception
- Retinoscopy – determines your need for glasses
- Refraction – helps your eye doctor determine your exact eyeglass prescription
- Autorefractors and aberrometers – also helpful in determining your prescription
- Slit lamp exam – helps your eye care professional see the structures at the back of your eye
- Pupil dilation – widens the black pupil of your eye to give the eye doctor a better view
- Glaucoma test – measures the pressure inside your eyes
- Visual field test – looks for blind spots in your peripheral side vision
- Other eye tests
Schedule Your Eye Exam Today
Our eye doctors may perform one or more of these tests to determine the health of your eyes, screen for vision problems and, based on your personal eye care needs, create a treatment plan just for you.
There are usually no special preparations for a visual exam. Wear your glasses instead of your contact lenses, if you use prescription eyewear, as you will need to remove any corrective lenses before undergoing the exam.
You may need to wear sunglasses to minimize glare and light sensitivity for a few hours after your appointment if your exam includes pupil dilation. Widening your pupils allows more light into your eye. These effects can last for 4 to 24 hours after the exam.
A vision exam helps your eye doctor assess the current health of your eyes, evaluate your vision and look for signs of eye disease. The typical eye exam is a quick, comfortable and non-invasive way to ensure the health of your eye and clear vision for years to come.
Call our eye clinic for an appointment now. Our eye care professionals are waiting to serve you.